Many are wearing masks, and keeping 6 feet distance from other shoppers
By WSBTV.com News Staff
ATLANTA — As coronavirus cases surge in Georgia, Gov. Brian Kemp has issued some new guidelines on how to stay safe when you make necessary shopping trips.
Tips for customers:
- Use contactless payment options like Apple Pay if they are available.
- Clean your payment cards using soap, hand sanitizer or alcohol after each use.
- Hang on to your card instead of handing it to the merchant if you can.
- Use your own pen if a signature is required or a personal stylus for touch screens.
- Pay in advance for home delivery services
Tips for merchants:
- Clean and disinfect payment terminals frequently and make changes to the payment process to reduce consumer interaction with equipment.
- Use hand sanitizer, card reader cleaners, alcohol-based disinfectant or glass cleaner.
- Clean checkout lanes after each use.
- Never spray any product directly onto the terminal. Use a cloth or wipe that has been sprayed instead.
- When cleaning the terminal, do not clean the electrical connections and plugs.
Read the original story on WSBTV.com.