On July 7, 2023, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) announced the “Discrimination Financial Assistance Program” that makes $2.2 billion available for farmers, ranchers and landowners who experienced discrimination in USDA Farm Loan Programs prior to January 1, 2021.
To apply visit 22007apply.gov to access the application, e-file, and to find resources near you. The application process ends on January 13, 2024. The deadline to request documentation from the Farm Service Agency (FSA) is November 3, 2023.
- Application Fact Sheet (PDF) (English) (Spanish)
- Application FAQs & Instructions (PDF) (English) (Spanish)
- Downloadable Application (PDF) (English) (Spanish)
You can receive technical assistance in completing the application in the following ways:
Upcoming Event – Registration is required. Call (404) 325-2030. The location of the workshop is as follows:
Wednesday, October 4, 2023 – Jackie Robinson Boys & Girls Club, 101 6th Street SW, Cairo, GA 39828, 9am-12 pm or 1pm-4pm. Only need to register for one session.
- Telephone – Live agents are available and eager to help with questions about the application process at 1-800-721- 0970, from 8 am to 11 pm ET seven days a week, except for federal holidays.
- In-person – To schedule an appointment in our office at 160 Clairemont Avenue, Suite 200, Decatur GA 30030, contact (800) 721-0970 or (404) 325-2030. Our office is open from 9am-5pm and parking is validated. If you are located outside of Georgia, please contact (800) 721-0970 or visit https://www.22007apply.gov/local-assistance.html to locate a DFAP office in your area.
- Webinar – Attend one of our technical assistance webinars held every Tuesday 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm (Application Walkthrough) and Thursday 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Technical Assistance). To register, call (404) 325-2030.
If you are aware of five or more qualified applicants, we may be able to schedule an outreach event in your area. Please share this information with as many farmers, ranchers, and landowners as you may know.