|Andrew Cauthen||Quinn Hudson|
|Communications Manager||Chief Communications Officer|
|404-371-2806 (o)||404-371-2813 (o)|
|470-553-4408 (c)||470-522-8923 (c)|
DeKalb to Hold a Virtual Town Hall on Consent Decree Modifications
DECATUR, Ga. – DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond will host a public virtual town hall meeting to discuss the details of the modifications to the county’s 2010 federal consent decree.
Some of the modifications to the existing consent decree include:
- Increased oversight by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Georgia Environmental Protection Division and U.S. District Court.
- A deadline extension for completion of major repairs and upgrades of the sewer system.
- A civil penalty to be paid by the county.
CEO Thurmond also will reveal DeKalb’s “Decade of Renewal,” a 10-year plan already underway to upgrade the county’s sewer system.
The virtual town hall meeting will be Monday, Oct. 19, at 10 a.m., and can be accessed via:
- Comcast Cable Channel 23 in DeKalb County
Questions are being accepted now and during the town hall via:
- Email at email@example.com.
- Social media:
Questions also will be accepted during the town hall at 404-371-2400.
Who: DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond
DeKalb County Government staff
When: Monday, Oct. 19, 10 a.m.