Property owners paying tax bills at the Memorial Dr. location to use UGA Extension office entrance; disabled customers may still use the main entrance off North Ave.
DECATUR, Ga. – To accommodate walk-in customers paying their property tax bills at the Tax Commissioner’s Office located at 4380 Memorial Drive in Decatur, taxpayers will use the UGA Extension office entrance at the front of the building from Sept. 20 through Oct. 2, 2023, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Extended hours will be available Sept. 25-29, and Oct. 2, from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m. Customers with disabilities may still use the main entrance off Northern Avenue.
What taxpayers should know before visiting the central office location to pay their bill:
- The first installment (50% of the total property tax) is due Oct. 2 since the Sept. 30 deadline falls on a weekend. If paying the full amount in one payment, it must be paid in full by Oct. 2. The second installment is due Nov. 15. Please check your bill for the amount due before the deadline.
- Bring your tax bill stub and a valid Georgia ID or Georgia driver’s license.
- Acceptable payment methods include a credit card, debit card, check or money order; processing fees apply for credit/debit card payments.
- General parking is available at the UGA Extension Service lot and the Property Tax lot.
- Disabled customers may still use the Property Tax main entrance off Northern Avenue.
- Security screening is required for service.
To avoid long lines, wait times and late fees, please consider the following payment methods:
- Online:org/property-information. Credit/debit card payments are accepted; processing fees apply. There is no fee for paying by e-Check.
- Drop box: Secure gold drop box at the Memorial Drive or Clairmont Road tax office locations, or secure mail slot at South DeKalb Mall tax office location. Payment must be placed in the box by the due date; cash is not accepted.
- Pay-by-phone: Call 770-336-7500, Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM. Payment does not apply to prior year, delinquent payments. Credit/debit card payments are accepted; processing fee applies.
- In person: Satellite offices located at 3653 Clairmont Road, Chamble, GA 30341, and 2801 Candler Road, Suite 66, Decatur, GA 30034 in South DeKalb Mall.
- Mail: Mailed payment must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service by the due date to avoid late fees; metered or kiosk postage dates are not accepted as proof of timely payment. Customers are urged to consider other payment methods due to mail delivery issues.
Failure to receive a bill does not relieve the owner of the responsibility to pay taxes due. Taxpayers should contact the office for assistance or access their tax bill online at DeKalbTax.org. City of Atlanta/DeKalb tax bills were mailed beginning Sept. 15.
This year, City of Tucker property owners will receive a one-time supplemental bill to collect for services taken over by the city as of July 1, 2023. This bill is separate from the county property tax bill.
City of Brookhaven property owners will receive a one-time supplemental tax bill for an adjustment to the city’s stormwater rate as approved by the mayor and council.