|Andrew Cauthen||Quinn Hudson|
|Communications Manager||Chief Communications Officer|
|404-371-2806 (o)||404-371-2813 (o)|
|470-553-4408 (c)||470-522-8923 (c)|
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 23, 2020
DCTV Earns Several Prestigious Awards
DeKalb County Government access station receives annual Telly Awards & Communicator Awards
DECATUR, Ga. – DeKalb County Television (DCTV), Channel 23, the county’s government access station, announces receiving several more prestigious awards for programming and production excellence.
Under the direction of Diamond Miller Lewis, DCTV was awarded two Silver placements in the information and news categories and one Bronze placement in the government relations category in the 41st Telly Awards.
The winning projects covered:
- the detailed process behind residential blight demolitions in DeKalb County;
- a police K-9 returning to active duty after being shot in the head; and,
- the annual State of the County, highlighting DeKalb’s progress.
Established in 1979, the Telly Awards is the premier award honoring video and television across all screens. The Telly Awards receives more than 12,000 entries from all 50 states and five continents.
DCTV also received two Awards of Excellence and eight Awards of Distinction in the 26th Communicator Awards. The winning video projects included the same projects earning placement in the Telly Awards as well as:
- additional videos on a women’s history special;
- the story of a 10-year-old who saved her 3-year-old sister from drowning:
- a public service announcement on the importance of the 2020 Census;
- a talk show dedicated to the 2020 Census;
- a news magazine show focusing on stories, events and programs happening in DeKalb County;
- a special show featuring black history; and,
- a story on a local organization that works with youth, young adults and families who have experienced trauma.
Founded nearly three decades ago, the Communicator Awards is the leading international awards program recognizing big ideas in marketing and communications. The Communicator Awards receives more than 6,000 entries from companies and agencies of all sizes, making it one of the largest awards of its kind in the world.
“The acknowledgement of our peers in the broadcast industry is certainly a wonderful accomplishment. However, the real honor is the ability to share the many positive stories unique to DeKalb County,” Lewis said. “Our team of professionals are grateful to the people of DeKalb County for sharing their stories with us, thereby allowing us to shine a spotlight on the heart of DeKalb County, Georgia.”
Since launching its full programming roster in 2003, DCTV has won 151 national awards for excellence in programming. DCTV has produced several different County-related programs and major features, including “Inside DeKalb,” “Let’s Talk DeKalb,” “Spotlight DeKalb,” “Commissioners’ Corner,” “Dear DeKalb,” and “The Furry Files,” as well as numerous live stream events and award-winning Public Service Announcements.
On Comcast Cable Channel 23 and online through a live video stream and on demand content available at DCTVChannel23.tv, DCTV provides an avenue for DeKalb County government to speak directly to more than 750,000 residents.
Viewers can also access various DCTV programming via YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/DeKalbCountyGov.