TUCKER, Ga. (November 18, 2020) – Tucker’s Parks and Recreation team cleaned up at the annual Georgia Recreation and Parks Association (GRPA) District 6 awards luncheon Wednesday, taking home six awards. Those awards run the gamut from individual honors to the coveted Agency of the Year.
“This is a recognition of all the hard work our staff has put in during this most trying of times,” said Tucker Parks and Recreation Director Rip Robertson. “To accomplish what they did during a pandemic is nothing short of amazing. We also are grateful for the community support of our volunteers and Friends of the Parks groups, as well as our Mayor and City Council. Without their contributions, none of this is possible.”
Tucker claimed awards for:
– Agency of the Year
– Special Event of the Year – Sip and Stroll
– Distinguished Professional of the Year – Rip Robertson
– Park Operations Professional of the Year – Jason Collins
– Young Professional of the Year – Ray Rollins
– Athletics and Aquatics Professional of the Year – Joe Stewart
The GRPA’s District 6 covers about 30 city and county operations from DeKalb County in the north, south to Perry, and east to Wilkes County.
Read the original post on TuckerGA.gov.