DeKalb County Convention Campus Multimedia Presentation (Renderings/Findings)
Presented by C.H. Johnson Consulting on 6.21.2022 to the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners
In June 2021, DeKalb Commissioner Lorraine Cochran-Johnson allocated $100,000 from the District 7 discretionary fund for Discover DeKalb to formally engage a world class destination specialist for the purpose of conducting a comprehensive market analysis for the feasibility of a new event and hospitality epicenter in DeKalb County.
C.H. Johnson Consulting Inc. (Johnson Consulting) was retained and joined by TVS Design, an Atlanta-based architecture and design firm, to conduct the study, which included industry trends, comparable case studies, event and destination specialist engagement and competitive market analysis. Subsequent phases of the project included a financial and operating analysis, site analysis, and a final report outlining the consulting team’s findings, conclusions, recommendations and implementation strategy.
Johnson Consulting submitted the report to Decide DeKalb and made a formal presentation to the DeKalb County Board of Commissioner at their Committee of the Whole meeting on June 21, 2022 along with a 3D presentation.
The formal report can be viewed by clicking the cover image below. It contains the following:
- an analysis of the economic, demographic, and market characteristics of DeKalb County, as well as the broader region
- outlines current trends within the conference, meetings, event center, and performing arts industries
- identifies characteristics of regional and comparable facilities
- summarizes observations from engagement with key stakeholders, as well as results from the surveys conducted to gather input from regional meeting and event planners
- analyzes the hotel market dynamics in the County
- provides strategic operational and facility recommendations
- analyzes potential sites throughout the County
- and projects demand and financial performance generated by the facility’s operation